Saturday, March 9, 2013

First Letter from the MTC

We were so excited to receive Emily's first letter from the MTC!  Here are some excerpts...

"My first day has been great!  As soon as you left I got my name badge and then went to my class and sounded out Korean vowels and consonants for two hours.  The instructor spoke nothing but Korean, so we picked up on the sounds actually pretty quick. I love my companion!  Her name is Sister Scott and she is from California!  I don't know too much about her yet, but I'm sure I will get too!  There are six girls in our room and its a little tight but not unmanageable.  We also heard from the MTC presidency and their wives. ONe of them said there was a conference quote: "The Lord loves all of his children equally.  He just loves his missionaries a little more equally."  then we had dinner and a teaching experience where a big group taught 3 different investigators. I raised my hand a few times and challenged someone to pray:) We met in our class for a bit later and had some time to talk. There are 6 sisters and 4 elders - 7 going to Daejon and only 3 to Busan.  There are more Busan in other classes though.  Needless to say its been quite a busy day.  I've had a great time.  The spirit is definitely very strong.  I don't think it has totally hit e that I will be gone for so long, but I'm very happy to be here!  I love the Lord and can't wait to share his gospel. My P-day is Tuesday so I will email more then.

Okay, so now its Thursday and since it takes me less than an hour to get ready I have a few minutes to write some more.  There are lots of sisters, which is amazing.  There are definitely more elders but there will be about 1,100 sisters in Relief Society on Sunday. I actually slept pretty well last night. It took awhile to fall asleep - probably mostly because it was 10:30 and I don't remember the last time I went to bed then! And I am just fine getting up.  Today we have lots of study time which is done in our classroom. We can leave most of our books and stuff there. There are lots of buildings here, which ae all numbered.  I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually.

Grandma was right - Wednesday was ice cream night!  I had some delicious graham cracker chocolatey flavor.  That was much welcomed after chicken fried steak and watery veggies for dinner. Lots of people who have been here longer said that was the worst meal they've had so far.  I ran into Kirsten, which was fun!  Yesterday was such a whirlwind, but that's good.  I'm so glad I can be here and can't wait to take the time to learn more and more in the scriptures today!

No comments:

Post a Comment