Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Oh No, Mono!

Hello!  Sounds like you have all had a busy week!  Sounds fun though! 

So I guess the most exciting news of the week is that I apparently have Mono.  I had a cold or something on Friday, so went to the clinic and saw Dr. Brown.  He had me go get sudafed and benadryl at the pharmacy, then I took that over the weekend but just felt like I was getting worse.  So between that, and a couple elders in my district having the flu, I decided to go in again on Monday, and because of my symptoms, he ran a test for mono and strep throat.  Mono came back positive.  So I will try to get as much rest as I can for now, and then go back on Thursday and he will test my white blood cell count again.  Depending on how it is, he is going to prescribe an antibiotic and go from there.  I guess it usually resolves itself over about 2 weeks, so fingers crossed for that since I leave two weeks from yesterday!!!  Two of the elders gave me a blessing last night, so I know that will help too.

Other than that, its been a pretty fun week!  We hosted the new missionaries last Wednesday.  It was the first time that they had ever had more sisters than elders come in!  So the sisters got to help greet at the curb which was way fun!  It brought back lots of memories of that first day, but was fun to be a part of it.  The new group of Korean missionaries came, and it has been fun to get to know them a little!  I don't know too many of them (I think they're a little overwhelmed and are still not too chatty) but hopefully will over the next few weeks.  There is a good group going to Busan!  The new native Koreans got here yesterday, but we haven't met any of them yet.  Hopefully today they will get moved into our residence hall.

Lets see what else... Haha so on Thursday, Sister Hilton had to go to the orthodontist to get her permanent retainer re-glued (lets hope mine doesn't come unglued!) and Sister Cheney (her companion) had a few days notice, so she emailed her sister to meet her there with Cafe Rio!  Haha totally against the rules but, she got the cafe rio, and the girls next to us have a fridge in their room (long story of how...) so she put it in there until dinner and we warmed it up in the microwave and all ate it that night!  Hilarious, eh?  We were super excited about it!

I do have stuff I will send home.  I guess we'll see how much extra stuff I have once I get packed.  Should be an adventure!  Its coming up quick!  We get our travel plans THURSDAY!!!!!!  Also, will you send bug spray?  I don't remember if I already asked or not.  It was one of the things my mission pres said to bring, but I forgot about it until getting here!

Spiritual Thought... Last night I was reading in my Book of Mormon about the Army of Helaman.  I have always loved the story, but as I was reading it this time, tried to relate it to missionary work.  I loved thinking about how determined they were, and the trust they had in their Heavenly Father that they would accomplish all that was asked of them.  I know we need to think the very same thing as missionaries! We need to be determined to share the gospel by example, and by bold teaching!  We need to be excited about sharing our message!  Even though things will be hard... harder than I had imagined... Heavenly Father wouldn't have given me this call if he hadn't know I can do it.  As long as I trust in him, he will help me along the way!  I have probably prayed more in the last 2 months than I have the rest of my life haha.  Its a great experience though and I have already grown so much and learned so much about myself!  I love being a part of the amazing work that is going on right now!  The marvelous work going to all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people that was prophesied of all through out the scriptures is happening now!  So exciting!

Love you and miss you all! 

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment