Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CRAZY! I'm actually doing this!!!

HI!!  No it is not p-day but we are going to do a little laundry and stuff before class starts.  So I have a minute to email quick!  I am feeling better!!  Not 100% still, but am doing loads better than I thought I would be at this point.  Thanks for the powerade and otter pops yesterday.  I didn't get a chance to freeze them yet--the freezer is in the room next to us and I haven't asked them yet!  I was so excited to get the package!  I still have a nasty bruise on my arm from where they took my blood (I'll try to send a picture Friday-we're not on the computers where you can send pictures) and a sore throat, but am happy to stay in class and such now!  I saw Christine yesterday-she left here at 4AM this morning off to ITALY!!!  I'm so excited for her and know she will be an awesome missionary!
As for our TRAVEL PLANS!!!
    We fly from SLC to Seattle. I am excited about eating Cafe Rio and real fountain Diet Coke:)  Seattle-Tokyo with a 2 hr layover in Seattle;   Tokyo to Busan with a 2 hr layover in Tokyo
Then the mission president picks us up at the airport in Busan and we go stay at the mission home like I sent you last week!  So excited!  I am a little overwhelmed about leaving the MTC and going to a whole new place, but know that I can do it!  So many missionaries before me have and the only way is through trusting in the Lord! 

One of our new teachers--Brother Wade--also went to Busan.  He got back like 9 months ago, and he's been getting us super excited about going!  We've practiced street contacting, etc. with him.  He told us how awesome President Gilbert is, and especially how great his wife is!  He said she is a total fireball and that we will love her so much!  I guess a lot of what they talk about is opening our mouths and speaking to people-even though we are still not great with the language.  Even though I know I'll probably be scared to do so, but I just need to remember that my purpose ias a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ!  I know that the only way I am going to learn is by trying my best, and making mistakes along the way.  As you know, I've always had a hard time admitting my weaknesses, but this is yet another thing I can work on and improve while on my mission.  The best part of all though is that the Lord makes up for those weaknesses as long as we trust in him and do all we can to be the missionary he wants us to be.  I am so excited to see how I learn and grow in the Lord's service!!  I loved reading all the Oly letters you send me yesterday and seeing how much all my friends love missionary work, and it gets me even more excited to be a part of it!

I'm SOOOO excited to see Ellie this week!!  Sister Ellingson and I were talking about it this morning.  We'll both be hosting so we'll keep an eye out for her:)  I'm glad you talked to Sky's mom!  She is doing so great here and i am so excited to be in Busan with her!!  I told her if she had a few things she needed to send home she could stick it with my stuff and her mom can get it from you!

Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!  You are so awesome and I love you so so so much!!!!  6 more days at the MTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy!  I'm actually doing this!!!


Love, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment